On this page we’d like to offer you helpful driving instructions. Before coming over, though, please make note that the greenhouse is open by appointment or by chance only.
Salisbury is located in northwestern CT, about 50 miles from either Hartford, CT or Albany, NY. Super highways are at least 25 miles away but the scenery is lovely.
From New York City or Westchester County:
- Take Rt. 684 north until it ends at Brewster, NY.
- Continue on Rt. 22 north to Millerton, NY (about 40 miles)
- Take Rt. 44 east through Lakeville where Rt. 41 merges with Rt. 44 and into Salisbury (about 5 miles)
- In Salisbury Rt. 41 goes off to the left (White Hart Inn is in the triangle)
- Lauray of Salisbury is about 3 1/2 miles north of the White Hart Inn, on the left side.
An alternative route from Westchester County:
Taconic Parkway to exit for Rt. 44 east in Millbrook, NY, following Rt. 44 east to Millerton, NY and the above directions.
From Massachusetts Turnpike:
- Exit 2 turning left then almost immediately right to follow Rt. 102 to Stockbridge.
- By the Red Lion Inn, turn left to follow Rt. 7 to Great Barrington.
- Rt. 41 joins Rt. 7 in Great Barrington. As you are exiting Great Barrington, keep to the right to follow Rt. 41 and 23 for about 4 miles to Egremont where Rt. 41 will go off to the left.
- Take Rt. 41 south about 10 miles.
- Lauray of Salisbury will be on the right, a little more than a mile after crossing into Connecticut.
- Rt. 44 west to the center of Salisbury.
- Make a sharp right turn onto Rt. 41 North.
- Lauray of Salisbury is on the left, about 3 1/2 miles.
- Rt. 8 north to Winsted.
- Then Rt. 44 west.
From Albany, NY:
- Taconic Parkway to the exit for Rt. 23 east.
- Rt. 23 east to Egremont, then right onto Rt. 41 south.